Army and Air Force Cadet Units will find our location ideal for bush based training camps.
The Webbs Creek locale comprises the following geographic features:
- Wilderness bushland
- Rugged escarpments and sandstone rock formations
- Extensive network of bush and fire trails
- Tidal deepwater creek with sandy beaches and access to Hawkesbury River
- Several large open fields capable of housing tent accommodation and logistical support for up to 500
- Several sites equipped and ready for abseiling from natural rock formations
TOPOGRAPHICAL MAP ST ALBANS 9031-2-N
One hour 15 minutes North West of Sydney CBD (via Dural, Glenorie and Maroota)
Our 3 Camp Sites
We have 3 sites spread over 300 acres. Each site fronts Webbs Creek and is exclusively hired so that you have sole use of the grounds and facilities. All have extensive open areas for field exercises and are situated in a natural bush setting.
- Our largest site, Castle Mountain can accommodate up to 500 in tents or 200 in basic cabins, has 2 amenities blocks with hot and cold showers, commercial kitchen and field kitchen, undercover recreation area, undercover dining area and a large auditorium with stage, dining area and smaller conference rooms. Air-conditioned staff accommodation for 18-20.
- Little River is smaller and more informal with basic cabin accommodation for up to 120, amenities block, large fields for tent camping and exercises, commercial kitchen, undercover dining and undercover recreation area with platform/podium stage. Air-conditioned staff accommodation for 8.
- Camp Bunya offers extensive grounds for tent based camping and is ideal for bivouac programs. The site has amenities block and undercover recreation area but no kitchen facilities.
You can conduct your own program or we can offer fully instructed activities including canoeing, indoor rock climbing wall, abseiling, high and low ropes, flying fox, archery, raft building and teambuilding initiatives. Our established abseil sites range from 18 to 30 metre drops. We have 2 flying fox sites 2 low ropes courses and a high ropes challenge set way up among eucalypt tree tops. Our instructors are TAFE or University qualified or have equivalent industry experience. All staff are cleared for Working with Children through the Department of Sport and Recreation.
Our site and neighbouring Yengo and Parr National Parks provide ideal terrain for NavEx, RATEL, bivouacs and exercises in first aid, hazmat procedures and map to ground skills. Plenty of opportunity to develop bushcraft , campcraft , fieldcraft and field engineering skills.
We offer fully catered camps or self cater options utilizing our commercial and field kitchen facilities.
Site hire includes use of conference rooms suitable for leadership training and tutorials, and auditorium accommodating over 250 for lectures. Our various sites are currently used by ACU, AAL and school based cadets on a regular basis. Contact us on 02 4566 4366 and arrange a site visit to assess the suitability of our venue for your next cadet camp.