Our Camp Sites
Outdoor Adventure Camps is situated 60km northwest of Sydney in the beautiful Hawkesbury valley. Located on Webbs Creek, Wisemans Ferry, a tributary of the mighty Hawkesbury River, the 300 acre camp venue provides a refreshing outdoors adventure experience in a natural and pristine bush setting just one hour fifteen from Sydney CBD. The surrounding Yengo and Parr National Parks provide extensive opportunity to interact with the environment and Webbs Creek offers an ideal setting for water based activities.
Three Self Contained Camp Sites
Our venue provides 3 self contained sites for exclusive hire; Castle Mountain, Little River and Camp Bunya. As sole site occupant, you have a high level of privacy, with only your school or group occupying the campsite and using the facilities. You are not sharing the dining room, the equipment or your site with other schools. Each site fronts tranquil Webbs Creek with sandy beaches and clean water, ideal for swimming, fishing and launching canoes in a minimal risk environment. We have an abundance of wildlife on all sites; kangaroos and wallabies grazing during the day, waterbirds wading in Webbs Creek, possums and owls out and about after dark. And of course there are always the stars!
Surrounded by magnificent Hawkesbury escarpments, numerous bushwalks and fire trails, the venue is a natural setting for an adventure based camp, relaxing social retreat or somewhere in between.
1. Castle Mountain
Castle Mountain camp is our main site set on a rambling 100 acres of creek front riverflats and rising bushland. The site accommodates up to 200 in basic hut accommodation with plenty of room if extra tent accommodation required. Teachers are housed in separate 2 storey air-conditioned accommodation with sleeping for up to 20 people, 2 bathrooms, separate toilet, kitchenette, large screened verandah and lounge/dining area with slow combustion wood heater.
Castle Mountain features:
- Large auditorium with capacity to seat up to 250, slow combustion wood heater, separate small training rooms, stage with basic PA, stage curtains and backstage dressing area
- Large commercial kitchen and dining area annexed to the auditorium
- 2 amenities blocks with hot and cold showers, toilets and vanities
- Several large playing areas the size of football fields, ideal for team games and initiatives
- A range of activity options, abseiling, high ropes challenge, low ropes courses, flying fox, archery, canoeing, canoe polo, pack & paddle, raft building, raft races, navigation, orienteering, bushcraft, campcraft, camp cooking, mini olympics and swimming
- Undercover field recreation area and field kitchen for lunches on the go
- Sandy beaches and campfire located on river front
2. Little River
Little River - The Home of Camp OrangeLittle River is ideal for primary school children or smaller groups. The site is on 50 acres and has basic hut accommodation for 120 and separate air-conditioned teacher cottage sleeping 8, strategically placed to provide optimum supervision for younger children.
Little River features:
- Commercial kitchen and undercover dining area with panoramic views. Eat breakfast looking down over Little River and Webbs Creek
- A range of activity options, abseiling, low ropes courses, flying fox, archery, canoeing, canoe polo, pack & paddle, raft building, raft races, navigation, orienteering, bushcraft, campcraft, camp cooking, mini Olympics, climbing wall and swimming
- Sandy beach and campfire located on river front
3. Camp Bunya
Camp Bunya, provides a tent based camping alternative and is ideal for PDHPE, bivouac programs, Duke of Edinburgh and Cadets. The site has basic facilities, toilets, hot and cold showers and a large undercover recreational area with open fireplace. All cooking is undertaken on campfire, trangia stoves or BBQ. The camp fronts Webbs Creek and makes a great launch spot for Pack and Paddle expeditions and wilderness navigation. We can provide campers with dome style 2 man tents or larger army style tents.