Senior School Camps
OAC senior programs are adventure based and designed to provide senior students with outdoor challenges requiring a high level of self reliance, planning, consultation and problem-solving in a team setting.
Customising Senior School Camps
At Outdoor Adventure Camps we provide a quality venue and outdoor programs for Years 10 to 12 including:
- Year 10 and 11 camps
- Leadership and prefect camps
- PDHPE and Sports Science camps
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Expeditions for Bronze, Silver and Gold levels
- Religious retreats
- Sports team training and team bonding camps
Our senior school programs incorporate a range of adventure options including:
- Canoeing with on-water challenges
- Pack and paddle day trips
- High and low ropes courses
- Orienteering and navigation through wilderness valley
- Team raft building and raft races
- Team initiatives
Senior School Learning Outcomes
Senior school programs are frequently based around bivouac and expedition where students receive training in various outdoor skills including:
- Safety and safe practice in the Australian bush
- Basic First Aid (relevant to bush camping)
- Necessary equipment and how to use it
- Campsite selection, campcraft and overnight bivouac camping
- Campsite cooking involving preparation and cooking of food
- Environmental care
- Map to ground navigation
Joint Programs Run By Teachers And OAC Instructors
Alternatively, we can run joint programs where OAC provides guided instruction for adventure activities while teachers run aspects of the program such as leadership, effective time management, student health issues and religious studies.
Our camp guides and instructors are qualified in outdoor recreation or industry equivalent and have extensive experience in working with school students in a residential camp setting. All staff have Working with Children clearance through the NSW Department of Sport & Recreation.
Camp Meals And Special Requirements
Camp meals are designed by our Catering Co-ordinator and prepared fresh on site. Fresh fruit and cold drinks are always available. Providing we have notice, dietary issues such as diabetes, food allergies and vegetarian requirements are accommodated.
Risk Assessment And Management
At OAC the safety and wellbeing of students in our care is of paramount importance. We aim to provide students with a challenging and rewarding camp experience in a safe and nurturing natural setting. Click here to see our Risk Assessment and Management documentation in DET format.